If you are expecting your baby, it is time to also consider designing a baby’s room or is also called nursery. It is also common for parents to be a little freaked out about designing nursery especially when it is their first time. However, you don’t have to freak out because there’s nothing to worry about. There’s a lot of tips you can find. However, it is also important to make priorities because designing baby’s room is different than designing a room for adults. There are some aspects you need to consider and pay attention to.
Things you should consider in designing baby’s room
There are several points you need to highlight when it comes to designing a nursery. The main priority is safety. The next is comfort, and the next is style. You see, baby is a fragile creature. They cannot defend themselves when there is danger. Therefore, making sure that they will stay in safe room is a must. Here are things you need to pay attention to when creating baby’s room or nursery:
- Never put furniture or any object that can harm your baby or yourself. Choosing the right furniture is important because there’s a lot of options in the market. It is highly recommended to buy furniture for baby’s room in a store specialized for baby and kids. Thus, you will only buy safe items.
- There’s a lot of items you will need in a baby’s room so make sure that the room itself is spacious enough to place some furniture and items. Necessities such as clothes, diapers, wipes, changing table, poop bucket, laundry hamper, and many more need the right storage. With lots of items needed in the room, make sure to put necessities not too far from your reach. Therefore, you don’t have to let go off your baby when you need to take something.
- Make sure to place functional storage to put every items so that they won’t scatter around the room and make you trip over. It may be fine when you trip over yourself. However, it can be dangerous if you trip over while carrying your baby. With functional storage, you can always put the items back and avoid clutter.
- Choose the right lighting for your baby’s room. It is recommended to set the lighting to mimic nighttime anytime. If there is large window, make sure to put enough curtain or window shade. Some parents also use blackout shades. It can be useful for napping time because it can fake the dark. Baby’s room with the right lighting will help baby to rest well.
- It is highly recommended to choose washable wallpaper for your baby’s room. You see, there is no baby’s room free from pee spray. It happens from time to time especially during changing time. You can also choose darker shade for the wallpaper around changing table so that the stains won’t be too visible when you forget to wash it.
- You can freely decorate your baby’s room with certain theme to fit their gender or your own preference. It will make the room looks fun and alive. However, make sure to always choose safe items for decoration. You can also use wallpaper with certain theme for example, space theme.
- Choose the right crib for your baby. It is highly recommended to choose the simple without crib bumpers. Make the crib simple will make your baby more comfortable. You also don’t need to add bedding or blanket for the first year. If the room is small, you can choose mini crib so that your baby will be still comfortable.